Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Barbets :: Black-spotted Barbet
Black-spotted Barbet Capito niger
Described by: Müller, Statius (1776)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeN. and w. Amazon basin in n. and w. South America;
(1) Venezuela in the upper Orinoco basin of w. Bolivar and Amazonas.
(2) E. Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and ne. Brazil n. of the Amazon.
(3) Ex. e. Colombia and s. Venezuela s. to n. of the Amazon to the Peru-Brazilian border and the lower Rio Japura.
(4) N. Brazil from Roraima (Maraca) s. along the Rio Branco to region between lower Rio Negro and Rio Solimoes.
(5) W. Brazil s. of Rio Solimoes from upper Rio Jurua and Tefe e. to Rio Purus.
(6) E. Peru from Rio Orosa e. to Rio Javari and s. to ex. w. Brazil (Cruzeiro del Sol region of Acre).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: John van der Woude
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.