Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Woodpeckers and Allies :: Golden-green Woodpecker
Golden-green Woodpecker Piculus chrysochloros
Described by: Vieillot (1818)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): Piculus chrysochlorus
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeEx. s. Central America and n. South America. Amazonian and sc. South America. E. Brazil;
Three or four populations;
(1) E. Panama.
(2) Ne. Colombia and nw. Venezuela.
(3) C. Colombia and s. Venezuela to Guyana, Surinam and nw. Brazil.
(5) W. Brazil, e. Ecuador and ne. Peru.
(6) W. Brazil and n. Bolivia.
(7) Ne. Brazil.
(8) Se. Brazil (Bahia (Chapada Diamantina and Encruzilhada)).
(9) C. and s. Brazil, Paraguay, e. and se. Bolivia and n. Argentina.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.