Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Broadbills :: Silver-breasted Broadbill
Silver-breasted Broadbill Serilophus lunatus
Described by: Gould (1834)
Alternate common name(s): Hodgson's Broadbill, Gould's Broadbill, Collared Broadbill, Red-backed Broadbill, Nepal Collared Broadbill, Pegu Collared Broadbill
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeS. China, e. Himalayas to se. Asia and Malay Peninsula. Sumatra;
(1) Nepal and ne. India e. to Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur and Nagaland and Bhutan s. to Bangladesh, w. and ne. Burma (Arakan, Chin Hills and Upper Chindwin e. to the Irrawaddy River).
(2) C. and e. Burma (s. of Bhamo and e. of the Irrawaddy River), s. China (sw. Yunnan), ne. Thailand, lowlands of c. and s. Laos and nw. Vietnam (w. Tonkin).
(3) Se. China (se. Yunnan and sw. Guangxi) and e. Tonkin.
(4) Hainan Is.
(5) S. Burma (Pegu Yomas, Karen Hills, n. Tenasserim) and nw. Thailand.
(6) S. Burma (s. Tenasserim), sw. and s. Thailand.
(7) Se. Thailand and Cambodia.
(8) S. Laos (Bolaven Plateau) and s. Vietnam (Cochinchina)?.
(9) Ex. s. Thailand and Malay Peninsula.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.