Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Ovenbirds :: Plain Xenops
Plain Xenops Xenops minutus
Described by: Sparrman (1788)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. Central America to nw. and Amazonian South America. E. South America.
(1) S. Mexico (Veracruz, n. Oaxaca, Tabasco, Chiapas, Campeche and Quintana Roo), Belize to Honduras.
(2) Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and w. Panama.
(3) E. Panama to w. Ecuador.
(4) N. Colombia to n. Venezuela.
(5) E. Colombia, Venezuela (Rio Casiquiare region) and n. Brazil.
(6) E. Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and n. Brazil.
(7) Ne. Colombia.
(8) E. Ecuador, e. Peru, n. Bolivia and w. Amazonian Brazil.
(9) N. Brazil.
(10) E. and se. Brazil (e. Bahia), e. Paraguay and ne. Argentina.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.