Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Ovenbirds :: Streaked Xenops
Streaked Xenops Xenops rutilans
Described by: Temminck (1821)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeS. Central America. N. and w. South America. E. and c. South America s. of the Amazon.
(1) C. and s. Costa Rica and w. Panama.
(2) E. Panama, Colombia, ne. Ecuador, w. and n. Venezuela and Trinidad. Guyana, Surinam and Guiana?
(3) Darien, e. Panama.
(4) Ne. Colombia.
(5) N. Colombia.
(6) W. Ecuador and nw. Peru.
(7) E. Ecuador and e. Peru.
(8) C. Brazil.
(9) E. Bolivia to nw. Argentina.
(10) Sw. Brazil and n. Bolivia.
(11) Se. Brazil (Bahia (Chapada Diamantina), e. Paraguay and ne. Argentina.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.