Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Ovenbirds :: Ruddy Foliage-gleaner
Ruddy Foliage-gleaner Automolus rubiginosus
Described by: Sclater, P. L. (1857)
Alternate common name(s): Ruddy Leaf-gleaner
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
RangeC.Central America to w. South America. Ne. South America;
(1) Sw. Mexico (Guerrero and w. Oaxaca).
(2) E. Mexico (Hidalgo, s. San Luis Potosi, Veracruz).
(3) S. Mexico (e. Oaxaca and Chiapas), Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, and nc. Nicaragua.
(4) Ex. sw. Costa Rica and w. Panama (Chiriqui, San Blas).
(5) E. Panama (Darien) and nw. Colombia (Antioquia).
(6) N. Colombia (Santa Marta Mountains).
(7) W. Colombia (Baudo Mountains and foothills of the w. Andes), w. Ecuador (s. to El Oro) and nw. Peru (Tumbes).
(8) N. Colombia (e. Andes in Boyaca and Cundinamarca).
(9) E. Colombia in the foothills of the e. Andes (Meta). Birds from sw. Venezuela (Apure) are of uncertain race.
(10) Se. Colombia (foothills of e. Andes in Narino, Caqueta, Putumayo) and ne. Ecuador (Sucumbios).
(11) S. Venezuela (tepuis of Bolivar and Amazonas).
(12) Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and ne. Brazil.
(13) E. Ecuador s. from Napo to ne. Peru (Amazonas).
(14) N. Peru.
(15) N. Peru (San Martin) s. to cw. Bolivia (La Paz) and ex. sw. Brazil (Acre).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.