Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Ovenbirds :: Gray-throated Leaftosser
Gray-throated Leaftosser Sclerurus albigularis
Described by: Sclater, P. L.; Salvin (1868)
Alternate common name(s): Grey-throated Leaftosser, Grey-throated Leafscraper, Gray-throated Leafscraper
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeS. Central America, n. and w. South America;
(1) Costa Rica and w. Panama (w. Chiriqui).
(2) N. Colombia (Santa Marta Mountains).
(3) E. Colombia (Perija Mountains, e. of the Andes s. to e. Cauca and the Macarena Mountains), w. and n. Venezuela (Andes and coastal ranges e. to Sucre and Paria Peninsula), Trinidad and Tobago.
(4) E. Ecuador s. from w. Napo to c. Peru (Cajamarca s. to Pasco).
(5) Se. Peru (Ucayali), sw. Brazil (Acre, n. Rondonia) and foothills of Andes in n. Bolivia from La Paz and Beni s. to nw. Santa Cruz with sight records from Tarija.
(6) E. Bolivia (ex. ne. Santa Cruz in the Serrania de Huanchaca).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.