Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Ovenbirds :: Common Miner
Common Miner Geositta cunicularia
Described by: Vieillot (1816)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeS. South America;
(1) Andes of c. Peru (Junin, Huancavelica).
(2) Andes of s. Peru (Ayacucho to Puno), Bolivia (La Paz and Cochabamba to Potosi), n. Chile (Tarapaca) and nw. Argentina (Jujuy to Mendoza).
(3) Coastal s. Peru (s. Ica, w. Arequipa).
(4) Pacific slope of Andes in s. Peru (Arequipa to Tacna).
(5) Coastal s. Peru (Arequipa) and n. Chile (n. Atacama).
(6) C. Chile from the coast to the Andes of s. Atacama s. to llanquihue.
(7) Wc. Argentina (Sierras Grandes, Cordoba)
(8) Andes of c. Chile (Malleco) and sw. Argentina (c. Neuquen to nw. Chubut). The race of birds in Salta and Tucuman s. to Mendoza is uncertain, but may be this race.
(9) Lowlands of ex. se. Brazil (ne. Santa Catarina, Rio Grande do Sul), Uruguay, e. Argentina from s. Cordoba and s. Corrientes and s. Chile from Aisen to Tierra del Fuego.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.