Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Woodcreepers :: Wedge-billed Woodcreeper
Wedge-billed Woodcreeper Glyphorynchus spirurus
Described by: Vieillot (1819)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. Central America, w. and Amazonian South America. E. South America;
(1) S. Mexico (Veracruz, n. Oaxaca, and Chiapas) s. along the Caribbean slope to Nicaragua.
(2) Both slopes of Costa Rica and Panama to Colobmia, w. Ecuador and w. Venezuela.
(3) W. Colombia.
(4) Ne. Colombia.
(5) C. Colombia, s. Venezuela and n. Ecuador.
(6) Ne. Venezuela.
(7) S. Venezuela.
(8) E. Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and n. Brazil.
(10) E. Ecuador and n. Peru.
(11) Se. Peru and n. Bolivia.
(12) C. Amazonian Brazil and ne. Bolivia (Santa Cruz).
(13) Ec. Brazil (e. Bahia).
(14) C. Brazil (e. from the Rio Tapajos and Belem), but birds from the e. bank of Xingu may be intermediate between this race and (12).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Naturesongs.com
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.