Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Woodcreepers :: Occellated Woodcreeper
Occellated Woodcreeper Xiphorhynchus ocellatus
Described by: Spix (1824)
Alternate common name(s): Ocellated Woodcreeper
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
RangeAmazonian South America;
(1) Lower slopes of the e. Andes in se. Colombia (se. Narino, w. Caqueta), e. Ecuador and ne. Peru s. to Rio Maranon.
(2) Uncertain, but possibly somewhere along the Orinoco in e. Venezuela.
(3) Nw. Amazonia in e. and se. Colombia (e. Guainia, e. Vaupes, s. Amazonas), ex. s. Venezuela (sw. Amazonas), possibly in lowlands of e. Ecuador, ne. Peru and nw. Brazil e. to Rio Negro.
(4) Fragmented distribution in s. Amazonian Brazil s. of the Amzaon from Rio Purus e. to both banks of lower Rio Tocantins.
(5) Ne. Peru e. from lower Rio Ucayali and possibly from Rio Huallaga and w. Amazonian Brazil e. at least to the Rio Tefe and probably to the Rio Purus and s. to Acre.
N. and e. Bolivia?
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.