Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Woodcreepers :: Cocoa Woodcreeper
Cocoa Woodcreeper Xiphorhynchus susurrans
Described by: Jardine (1847)
Alternate common name(s): Lawrence's Woodcreeper
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeSc. Central America to n. South America;
(1) Caribbean slope of e. Guatemala and n. Honduras.
(2) Both slope s. from se. Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica to w. Panama (w. Chiriqui, w. Bocas del Toro).
(3) Pacific slope of c. Panama (e. Chiriqui, Veraguas and w. Azuero Peninsula).
(4) Both slopes of e. Panama e. from the Canal Zone and e. slope of the Azuero Peninsula, n. Colombia (e. to w. Guajira, Atrato Valley, lower Cauca Valley, upper Magdalena Valley s. to Tolima and nw. Arauca e. of the Andes) and w. Venezuela (Zulia, s. Tachira and w. Apure e. to e. Miranda).
(5) W. Colombia (upper Cauca Valley in Valle).
(6) E. Colombia and nw. Venezuela.
(7) Trinidad and Tobago. A single record from ne. Venezuela.
(8) Ne. Venezuela (ne. Anzoategui, n. Monagas, Sucre).
(9) Margarita Is.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Naturesongs.com
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.