Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Woodcreepers :: Spotted Woodcreeper
Spotted Woodcreeper Xiphorhynchus erythropygius
Described by: Sclater, P. L. (1860)
Alternate common name(s): Berlepsch's Woodcreeper, Ecuadorian Woodcreeper, Spot-throated Woodcreeper
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeS. Mexico to nw. South America;
Fragmented distribution in n. part of range;
(1) Highlands of c. and c. Mexico (ex. se. San Luis Potosi, Hidalgo, Veracruz s. to c. Oaxaca and Guerrero).
(2) Highlands of s. Mexico (ex. se. Oaxaca and Chiapas), ex. nw. El Salvador s. to nc. Nicaragua and locally in Belize.
(3) Se. Nicaragua, Costa Rica and c. Panama e. to Veraguas.
(4) C. and e. Panama e. from the Canal Zone to nw. Colombia s. along coast to n. Choco, lower Cauca Valley, c. Antioquia, middle Magdalena Valley s. to n. Caldas.
(5) Pacific slope of w. Andes in w. Colombia s. from c. Choco, upper Atrato Valley to sw. Ecuador s. to w. Loja.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Naturesongs.com
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.