Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Woodcreepers :: Plain-brown Woodcreeper
Plain-brown Woodcreeper Dendrocincla fuliginosa
Described by: Vieillot (1818)
Alternate common name(s): Plain Woodcreeper, Line-throated Woodcreeper, D'Orbigny's Woodcreeper, Ridgway's Woodcreeper, Ridgway's Woodhewer, Ochreous-bellied Woodhewer
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. Central America to c. South America. E. South America;
One main population with a small isolated second population;
(1) Central America along the Caribbean slope of se. Honduras, e. Nicaragua, Costa Rica (locally on the Pacific slope of the nw.), both slopes of Panama to w. Colombia and w. Ecuador.
(2) N. and e. Colombia and nw. Venezuela.
(3) Coastal n. Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago.
(4) Orinoco Delta.
(5) C. Venezuela.
(6) E. of the Andes in s. Colombia, e. Ecuador and e. Peru.
(7) W. Amazonian Brazil.
(8) Ex. sw. Brazil and ne. Bolivia.
(9) E. Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and n. Brazil.
(10) Ec. Brazil.
(11) C. Amazonian Brazil.
(12) Ne. Brazil.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.