Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Woodcreepers :: Olivaceous Woodcreeper
Olivaceous Woodcreeper Sittasomus griseicapillus
Described by: Vieillot (1818)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. Mexico through Central America to n. South America. Nw. South America. E. of the Andes in tropical South America;
(1) Sw. Mexico (Jalisco).
(2) Se. Mexico to Costa Rica.
(3) E. Mexico (San Luis Potosi and sw. Tamualipas).
(4) W. Panama and n. Colombia.
(5) E. Panama.
(6) Nw. Venezuela.
(7) W. Venezuela.
(8) Coastal n. Venezuela and Tobago.
(10) W. Ecuador and nw. Peru.
(11) Se. Colombia, s. Venezuela, e. Ecuador, e. Peru, and w. Brazil.
(12) E. Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and n. Brazil.
(13) N. and e. Bolivia.
(14) E. Bolivia.
(15) C. Brazil.
(16) S. Bolivia, w. Brazil, w. Paraguay and nw. Argentina.
(17) Ne. Brazil.
(18) E. Brazil (Bahia, Chapada Diamantina).
(19) Se. Brazil and ne. Argentina.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.