Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Typical Antbirds :: Dusky Antbird
Dusky Antbird Cercomacra tyrannina
Described by: Sclater, P. L. (1855)
Alternate common name(s): Tyrannine Antbird
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. Central America to n. South America;
(1) S. Mexico (Veracruz, n. Oaxaca, Tabasco, Chiapas, Campeche and s. Quintana Roo) on the Caribbean slope of Honduras and both slopes of Nicaragua, Costa Rica and w. Panama (Veraguas).
(2) E. Panama to n. Colombia and w. Ecuador (Chimborazo).
(3) E. Colombia, s. Venezuela and nw. Brazil.
(4) Ne. Colombia in the n. and e. Andes and w. Venezuela.
(5) E. Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and ne. Amazonian Brazil. C. Peru?
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.