Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Typical Antbirds :: Spot-winged Antbird
Spot-winged Antbird Percnostola leucostigma
Described by: Pelzeln (1868)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): Sclateria leucostigma, Schistocichla leucostigma
No photographs are available for this species
RangeNe. and Amazonian South America;
Several isolated populations along the e. slope of the wc. Andes;
(1) Ex. w. Venezuela (Tachira) s. along the base of the Andes in se. Colombia, e. Ecuador and ne. Peru s. to the Rio Ucayali. Includes population in w. Brazil (ex. sw. Amazonas and ex. w. Acre).
(2) Se. Venezuela in the tepuis of e. Bolivar and adjacent Brazil (ex. n. Roraima).
(3) E. Venezuela (ex. E. Bolivar), Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and ne. Amazonian Brazil e. from Rio Branco and Rio Negro to Amapa.
(4) C. Peru (Huanuco, Pasco, Junin, s. Ucayali).
(5) S. Peru (Cuzco, w. Madre de Dios, Puno) and wc. Bolivia (wc. La Paz).
(6) S. Venezuela (sw. Amazonas), e. Colombia (Guiania, Vaupes, Amazonas), and nw. Amazonian Brazil (upper Rio Negro drainage s. to Rio Solimoes).
(7) Sw. and c. Amazonian Brazil (lower Rio Japura e. to lower Rio Negro and s. of the Amazon e. to Rio Madeira) and ex. n. Bolivia (Pando).
(8) C. Amazonian Brazil e. of the Rio Madeira to Para (w. of the Rio Tocantins) and s. to n. Rondonia and ex. n. Mato Grosso.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.