Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cotingas :: Red-ruffed Fruitcrow
Red-ruffed Fruitcrow Pyroderus scutatus
Described by: Shaw (1792)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeN., cw., and se. tropical South America;
(1) E. of the Andes from c. Colombia to ex. n. Ecuador.
(2) N. Venezuela to s. Colombia in the Andes.
(3) E. Venezuela and n. Guyana.
(4) E. of the Andes in c. Peru.
(5) Se. Brazil (e. Bahia (Chapada Diamantina, Encruzilhada) to Rio Grande do Sul and inland to Goias), e. Paraguay and ne. Argentina.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.