Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Manakins :: Thrush-like Schiffornis
Thrush-like Schiffornis Schiffornis turdinus
Described by: Wied (1831)
Alternate common name(s): Thrush-like Manakin, Brown Schiffornis, Brown Manakin, Brown Schiffornis, Thrush-like Mourner
Old scientific name(s): Schiffornis turdina
No photographs are available for this species
RangeC. Central America and n. South America and e. Brazil;
(1) Gulf lowlands of se. Mexico (s. Veracruz, Oaxaca, Tabasco, Chiapas, Campeche and Quintana Roo) s. along the Caribbean slope to Nicaragua and along both slopes of Costa Rica to w. Panama.
(2) W. and c. Panama.
(3) E. Panama and nw. Colombia.
(4) E. Panama and nw. Colombia.
(5) W. Colombia, w. Ecuador and nw. Peru.
(6) E. Colombia and n. Venezuela.
(7) E. Ecuador and n. Peru.
(8) S. Venezuela to w. Brazil, e. Peru and ne. Bolivia.
(9) E. Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam and Guiana.
(10) N. Brazil, Surinam and Guiana.
(11) Se. Peru and n. Bolivia.
(12) E. Brazil.
(13) Coastal e. Brazil (e. Bahia).
No videos are available for this species
Wilsons Botanical Garden, Costa Rica - Apr 14, 2006 Source: Elidier Vargas
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.