Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tyrant Flycatchers :: Ruddy-tailed Flycatcher
Ruddy-tailed Flycatcher Terenotriccus erythrurus
Described by: Cabanis (1847)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): Myiobius erythrurus
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeCaribbean slope of c. Central America to nw. South America; Amazonian South America;
Two or three populations;
(1) Se. Mexico from Tabasco s. along the Caribbean slope in Guatemala to Nicargua and along both slope in Costa Rica and Panama, Colombia and Venezuela and nw. Ecuador.
(2) S. and s. Colombia, e. Ecuador to ne. Peru.
(3) E. Colombia, w. Venezuela and nw. Brazil.
(4) Sw. Brazil, e. Peru and n. Bolivia.
(5) S. Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and n. Amazonian Brazil.
(6) C. Brazil (middle Rio Purus).
(7) C. Brazil (Rio Purus to Rio Tapajos).
(8) Ne. Brazil (lower Rio Tucantins e. to Maranhao).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.