Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tyrant Flycatchers :: Tufted Flycatcher
Tufted Flycatcher Mitrephanes phaeocercus
Described by: Sclater, P. L. (1859)
Alternate common name(s): Northern Tufted Flycatcher, Common Tufted-flycatcher
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeCentral America to nw. South America;
(1) W. Mexico (ne. Sonora, w. Chihuahua, Sinaloa, Durango, c. Jalisco, and w. Zacatecas s. to w. Oaxaca).
(2) S. and e. Mexico (s. Tamualipas, s. San Luis Potosi) to Honduras.
(3) Sw. Mexico (Guerrero, Jalisco and sw. Oaxaca).
(4) S. Mexico (Chiapas) to Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and nc. Nicaragua.
(5) C. Costa Rica and w. Panama.
(6) C. and e. Panama.
(7) E. Panama (Cerro Pirre) and w. Colombia (Choco) and nw. Ecuador.
(8) S. Colombia and ne. Ecuador.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.