Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tyrant Flycatchers :: Vermilion Flycatcher
Vermilion Flycatcher Pyrocephalus rubinus
Described by: Boddaert (1783)
Alternate common name(s): Vermillion Flycatcher, Galapagos Flycatcher, Darwin's Flycatcher
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 9 more images.
RangeSw. United States through Central America to tropical South America and Galapagos Is.;
(1) Sw. United States (s. California, s. Nevada, c. Arizona, c. New Mexico, s. Colorado, w. and c. Texas and w. Oklahoma) and Mexico.
(2) N. Mexico.
(3) S. Mexico, n. Guatemala (Peten), Belize and Honduras.
(4) Lowland pine savannas of e. Honduras and ne. Nicaragua.
(5) W. Colombia, w. Ecuador and nw. Peru.
(6) Ne. Colombia, n. Venezuela to Guyana, Surinam and ex. n. Brazil (Bahia (Feira de Santana)).
(7) Nc. Peru.
(8) Sw. and n. Peru.
(9) W. Peru to ex. n. Chile.
(10) W. and c. Amazonia.
(11) Breeding range of this race is unknown. Se. Peru (Huiro and Chaquimayo)
(12) Galapagos Is.
(13) Galapagos Is. (Chatham Is.).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Naturesongs.com
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.