Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tyrant Flycatchers :: Brown-crested Flycatcher
Brown-crested Flycatcher Myiarchus tyrannulus
Described by: Müller, Statius (1776)
Alternate common name(s): Wied's Crested Flycatcher, Wied's Flycatcher, Ometepe Flycatcher, Rusty-tailed Flycatcher
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 2 more images.
RangeSw. United States through Cental America to tropical South America;
Fragmented distribution in s. part of range;
(1) Sw. United States (se. California, s. Nevada, sw. Utah, Arizona, sw. New Mexico and s. Texas), w. Mexico including the Yucatan Peninsula and the Tres Marias Is. s. to Belize, Guatemala and n. Honduras, Bay Is. and El Salvador and the Pacific slope of Honduras.
(2) Se. United States, w. Mexico s. to Honduras.
(3) Cozumel Is.
(4) N. Colombia, Venezuela, Aruba, Tobago, Trinidad, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana, Brazil (Bahia (Rio Jequitionha and Chapada Diamantina)), n. and e. Peru, c. Bolivia, Paraguay and n. Argentina.
(5) Pacific slope of Nicaragua to nw. Costa Rica.
(6) Coastal is. off Honduras.
(7) N. and e. Brazil.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Naturesongs.com
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.