Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tyrant Flycatchers :: Ochre-bellied Flycatcher
Ochre-bellied Flycatcher Mionectes oleagineus
Described by: Lichtenstein, M. H. K. (1823)
Alternate common name(s): Oleaginous Flycatcher, Oleaginous Pipromorpha
Old scientific name(s): Pipromorpha oleaginea
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. Central America to Amazonian and e. South America;
Ca. four populations;
(1) S. Mexico (Puebla, c. Veracruz, n. Oaxaca and Yucatan Peninsula, Isla Mujeres) and El Salvador to Costa Rica and w. Panama including Coiba Is., Cebaco Is. and Pearl Is.
(2) E. Panama, n. Colombia and nw. Venezuela.
(3) N. Venezuela (Distrito Federal and Miranda),
(4) Ne. Venezuela. Trinidad and Tobago.
(5) Se. Venezuela (Tepuis of the Gran Sabana of Bolivar).
(6) Sw. Colombia (Narino), w. Ecuador (w. Loja) and nw. Peru.
(7) E. and s. Venzuela (s. Bolivar and Amazonas), Guyana, Surinam, Guiana, Amazonian to coastal se. Brazil (e. Bahia to Rio de Janeiro), e. Ecuador, e. Peru (Amazonas and San Martin to Pasco) and e. Bolivia.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Naturesongs.com
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.