Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tyrant Flycatchers :: Masked Tityra
Masked Tityra Tityra semifasciata
Described by: Spix (1825)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 4 more images.
RangeN. Central America, nw. and s. Amazonian South America;
(1) Nw. Mexico (s. Sonora).
(2) W. Mexico (Sinaloa).
(3) E. Mexico (sw. Tamaulipas, se. San Luis Potosi, Guanajuato, n. Distrito Federal and n. Puebla e. to Yucatan) to El Salvador.
(4) Se. Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula).
(5) S. Honduras to Costa Rica and Panama.
(6) E. Panama (Cebaco Is. and Coiba Is.), Colombia and w. Venezuela.
(7) Sw. Colombia and w. Ecuador.
(8) Venezuela, Trinidad, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana, e. Ecuador and e. Peru. Small isolated population in ne. Paraguay (Canindeyu).
(9) C. and se. Peru, n. and e. Bolivia to c. Amazonian Brazil.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Naturesongs.com
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.