Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tyrant Flycatchers :: Northern Scrub-Flycatcher
Northern Scrub-Flycatcher Sublegatus arenarum
Described by: Salvin (1863)
Alternate common name(s): Northern Scrub Flycatcher, Scrub Flycatcher, Punta Arenas Flycatcher, Smooth Scrub-Flycatcher, Smooth Flycatcher
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. Central America to n. South America;
(1) Pacific lowlands of sw. Costa Rica and w. Panama.
(2) S. Panama including Coiba Is., Cebaco Is. and Pearl Is. to n. Colombia.
(3) N. coast of Venezuela including Margarita Is., Patos Is. and Trinidad including Chacachacare Is. and Monos Is., Guyana, Surinam, Guiana, ne. Brazil including Isla Mexiana.
(4) Curacao. Aruba? and Bonaire?
(6) C. Orinoco Valley of e. Colombia and s. Venezuela.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.