Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Pittas :: Red-bellied Pitta
Red-bellied Pitta Pitta erythrogaster
Described by: Temminck (1823)
Alternate common name(s): Blue-breasted Pitta, Red-breasted Pitta, Greater Blue-breasted Pitta, Red-naped Pitta, Macklot's Pitta
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
RangePhilippines, Sulawesi, Moluccas, New Guinea, Bismarck Archipelago and ex. ne. Australia;
(1) Philippines (Calauit and Culion Is.).
(2) Philippines (Balabac and Palawan Is.).
(3) Great Sangir Is. (Great Sangihe Is.).
(4) Talaud Is.
(5) Sangir Is. (Sangihe Is.).
(6) N. Sulawesi. Moluccas:
(7) N. Moluccas (Obi Is.).
(8) Ternate Is.
(9) E. Moluccas (Gebe Is.).
(10) Buru Is.
(11) Moluccas (Seram Is.).
(12) W. and s. New Guinea including Yapen Is., w. Papuan Is. (Waigeo, Batanta, Salawati and Misool Is.), Kai Is. and ne. Australia (n. Queensland, ex. n. Cape York Peninsula in the Iron Range National Park). (13) N. New Guinea.
(14) Aru Is.
(15) Se. New Guinea.
(16) Se. New Guinea. Bismarck Archipelago:
(17) New Hanover.
(18) New Ireland.
(19) Tabar Is.
(20) New Britain. Umboi Is.
(21) D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago (Fergusson Is. and Goodenough Is.).
(22) Louisiade Archipelago (Rossel Is.).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.