Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Larks :: Spike-heeled Lark
Spike-heeled Lark Chersomanes albofasciata
Described by: Lafresnaye (1836)
Alternate common name(s): Pygmy Spike-heeled Lark
Old scientific name(s): Certhilauda albofasciata
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeSw. and sc. Africa;
(1) Sw., c., and ne. Angola (c. Plateau (w. Huila) and s. Bengula s. to Namibe).
(2) N. Namibia.
(3) C. Botswana and n. South Africa.
(4) Nw. Namibia.
(5) S. Namibia (Great Namaqualand, Langklip) and sw. South Africa (s. to nw. and c. Karoo, n. Cape Province).
(6) Ne. Botswana.
(7) Ne. South Africa (Transvaal) and n. Orange Free State.
(8) Se. Botswana and c. South Africa (Wakkerstroom, Natal, n. and e. Cape Province) and s. Orange Free State.
(9) W. South Africa (w. Cape Province).
(10) S. South Africa (se. Karoo, Transkei, and Cape Province).
Isolated population in se. Zaire and ne. Tanzania has not yet been assigned to any race.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.