Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Larks :: Greater Short-toed Lark
Greater Short-toed Lark Calandrella brachydactyla
Described by: Leisler (1814)
Alternate common name(s): Short-toed Lark, European Short-toed Lark
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeS. Europe and n. Africa e. to c. China;
(1) Sc. Turkey.
(2) Tibet, c. and e. Mongolia and w. China (Inner Mongolia).
Winters in n. India, and Burma.
(3) Ukraine, n. Caucasus region, Afghanistan, and Iran to sc. Siberia, w. Mongolia, and the Tien Shan.
Winters from Arabia to s. Asia (n. India).
(4) C. Asia to sw. Siberia, Mongolia and ne. China (Manchuria).
(5) C. and e. Turkey, Transcaucasia, ne. Iraq, sw. and n. Iran.
Winters in sw. Asia.
(6) S. Europe to Russia, and in the Mediterranean region (Cyprus) to n. Africa to w. Near East.
Winters in n. Africa s. to Mauritania and Somalia.
(7) Hungary, s. Slovakia, n. Serbia, and w. Romania.
(8) S. Morocco, s. Algeria and s. Tunisia.
(9) W. Syria, Lebanon, Israel s. to ne. Egypt (ne. Sinai), and Red Sea region w. in n. Arabia to w. Iraq.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: ETI BioInformatics
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.