Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Larks :: Thekla Lark
Thekla Lark Galerida theklae
Described by: Brehm, A. E. (1857)
Alternate common name(s): Thekla's Lark
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeSw. Europe, n. and e. Africa;
(1) Sw. Europe (Portugal, Montados in the Baira Baixa region, se. Spain and the Balearic Is.).
(2) N. Morocco e. to the Algerian border and s. to the Middle Atlas Mountains.
(3) Ne. and c. Morocco, coastal n. Algeria and n. Tunisia.
(4) Sw. Morocco s. from Anti-Atlas Mountains and Western Sahara.
(5) Ne. Morocco (Hauts Plateaux e. to the Moulouya River), n. Algeria s. to Atlas Saharien and e. to s. Tunisia.
(6) N. Sahara from ex. e. Morocco (Figuig) e. to ne. Libya and probably also ex. nw. Egypt (Salum).
(7) Highlands of c. Ethiopia and s. Eritrea.
(8) Sc. Ethiopia (Bale Mountains, Arussi).
(9) S. Ethiopia and cn. Kenya from Huri Hills s. to Marsabit.
(10) N. and c. Somalia.
(11) E. Ethiopia (Harar and Jijiga).
(12) Coastal s. Somalia.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: ETI BioInformatics
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.