Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Wagtails and Pipits :: Australasian Pipit
Australasian Pipit Anthus novaeseelandiae
Described by: Gmelin, J. F. (1789)
Alternate common name(s): New Zealand Pipit, Common Pipit, Australian Pipit
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeNew Guinea, Australia, New Zealand and offshore islands;
More than four populations;
(1) Ec. New Guinea.
(2) Coastal n. Australia from ne. Western Australia, n. Northern Territory and n. Queensland (Cape York Peninsula).
(3) Sw. Western Australia to sc. South Australia.
(4) Wc., c., e. and se. Australia from sc. South Ausralia and c. Northern Territory to Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.
(5) Tasmania and islands in the Bass Strait (King Is. And Flinders Is.).
(6) New Zealand (North Island).
(7) New Zealand (South Island).
(8) Chatham Is.
(9) Auckland Is.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.