Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Wagtails and Pipits :: Richard's Pipit
Richard's Pipit Anthus richardi
Described by: Vieillot (1818)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. to e. Asia;
(1) C. Asia in sw. Siberia and ne. Kazakhstan e. to Lake Baikal.
Winters in Pakistan, India, Thailand and n. Vietnam.
(2) Transbaikalia and Yakutis e. to the Sea of Okhotsk and s. to n. Mongolia, Manchuria, and ne. China (nw. Heilong-Jiang).
Winters in se. Asia.
(3) C. Asia from e. Kazakhstan (Zaysan Basin, e. Tien Shan) e. to w. and s. Mongolia and s. to n. China (Xinjiang, Qinghai, Gansu and probably also Nei Mongol).
Winter in s. Asia.
(4) Se. Russia (lower Amurland, Ussuriland) s. to e. China s. to Sichuan and the Yangtze River and probably also Korea.
Winters se. Asia.
(5) Se. China s. of the Yangtze River.
Winters in Taiwan, n. Malaysia, India, se. China and se. Asia.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Telpost Parnassia
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: ETI BioInformatics
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.