Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cuckoo-shrikes :: Yellow-eyed Cuckoo-shrike
Yellow-eyed Cuckoo-shrike Coracina lineata
Described by: Swainson (1825)
Alternate common name(s): Barred Cuckooshrike, Yellow-eyed Cuckooshrike, Barred Cuckoo-shrike, Lineated Graybird, Lineated Greybird, Lineated Cuckoo-shrike
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeNew Guinea, Bismarck Archipelago, Solomon Is., and e. Australia;
Fragmented island distribution;
(1) W. Papuan Is. (Waigeo Is.) to c. New Guinea (Vogelkop, n. coastal ranges, Huon Peninsula).
(2) Numfor Is.
(3) Bismarck Archipelago (New Ireland, New Britain).
(4) Bougainville and Isabel Is.
(5) Kulambangra Is., New Georgia Is., Rendova Is.
(6) Guadalcanal Is.
(7) Malaita Is.
(8) San Cristobal Is.
(9) Rennell Is.
(10) E. Australia n. to Cape York Peninsula (e. Queensland (Eungella National Park, Mount Spec National Park, The Crater National Park, Atherton Tablelands at Kingfisher Park, Cape York Peninsula) and ne. New South Wales s. to the Manning River (Mount Glorious road near Brisbane).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.