Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cuckoo-shrikes :: Large Cuckoo-shrike
Large Cuckoo-shrike Coracina macei
Described by: Lesson (1831)
Alternate common name(s): Large Cuckooshrike, Black-throated Cuckoo-shrike, Indian Cuckoo-shrike, Greybird, Graybird, Caterpillar-catcher
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeIndia to se. Asia;
(1) Himalayas of n. India (Garhwal to w. Assam), and w. Nepal.
(2) C. and s. India (Garhwal e. to West Bengal and Orissa and s. to Travancore).
(3) C. and s. Sri Lanka.
(4) Andaman Is.
(5) Burma, s. China (s. Guizhou, w., nw., and s. Yunnan) s. to Isthmus of Kra in Thailand and s. Indochina.
(6) Malay Peninsula from n. Perak s. to s. Selangor and Pahang.
(7) Se. China (Guangxi, Guangdong, Fujian), Taiwan, n. Laos and n. Vietnam.
(8) Hainan Is.
No videos are available for this species
Taiwan - Date unknown Source: Wayne Hsu
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.