Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cuckoo-shrikes :: Varied Triller
Varied Triller Lalage leucomela
Described by: Vigors; Horsfield (1827)
Alternate common name(s): White-browed Triller, Pied Triller
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeBismarck Archipelago. S. and e. New Guinea and e. islands. N. and e. Australia.
(1) Kai Is.
(2) E. and S. New Guinea e. from Wau and the Huon Gulf and s. to Mimika River, and Aru Is.
(3) Umboi (Rook Is.), New Britain and Duke of York.
(4) New Hanover.
(5) New Ireland.
(6) Dyaul Is. off w. New Ireland.
(7) Tabar Is. off n. New Ireland.
(8) Lihir Is. s. of Tabar Is.
(9) Trobriand Is. off e. New Guinea.
(10) D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago (Goodenough, Fergusson, and Normanby Is.).
(11) Louisiade Archipelago (Misima, Renard, and Tagula).
(12) Ne. Western Australia in the Kimberley.
(13) N. Australia, n. Northern Territory (Arnhem Land, Top End, Adelaide River, Howard Springs and Holmes Jungle Swamp near Darwin) and Melville Is.).
(14) Coastal ne. Queensland (Cairns, Atherton Tablelands and ne. Cape York Peninsula). Is. In the Torres Strait. Coastal sc. New Guinea (Trans-Fly region).
(15) E. Queensland (Lamingtion National Park at O'Reilly's and along Duck Creek Road) and ne. New South Wales s. to the Newcastle area.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.