Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Ioras :: Common Iora
Common Iora Aegithina tiphia
Described by: Linnaeus (1758)
Alternate common name(s): Small Iora, Black-winged Iora, Indian Iora, Ceylon Iora
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeIndia, Sri Lanka, and e. Himalayas to se. Asia, and Greater Sundas;
Fragmented island populations;
(1) Ex. s. India and Sri Lanka.
(2) S. India?, n. and c. Burma.
(3) C. India e. from Rajasthan.
(4) Foothills of Himalayas in n. India e. from Punjab to Bangladesh and w. Burma.
(5) Foothills of nw. Himalayas in n. Pakistan and nw. India (Punjab, Himachal Pradesh).
(6) Sc. China (Yunnan), e. Burma, n. and c. Thailand, Laos and n. Vietnam.
(7) Se. Thailand, Cambodia, and s. Vietnam.
(8) S. Burma, c. Thailand s. to Malay Peninsula and Sumatra including the Nias Is., Riau Archipelago, Lingga Archipelago and Bangka Is.
(9) Java and Bali.
(10) S. Borneo.
(11) N. Borneo (Sabah, Brunei Bay) and sw. Philippines (Palawan Is.).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.