Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Dippers :: White-throated Dipper
White-throated Dipper Cinclus cinclus
Described by: Linnaeus (1758)
Alternate common name(s): White-bellied Dipper, White-breasted Dipper, Dipper, Eurasian Dipper, Common Dipper
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeEurpoe and nw. Africa to c. Asia;
(1) Ireland and w. Scotland including Inner Hebrides.
(2) Scotland, w. and c. England and Wales.
(3) N. Europe in Scandinavia e. to nw. Russia e. to the Pechora River, c. and sw. France, nw. Spain, Corsica and Sardinia.
(4) C. and s. Europe from Belgium and e. France s. to e. and s. Spain, Italy, Sicily and Greece.
(6) W. Russia (Ural Mountains).
(7) Nw. Africa (n. Morocco and n. Algeria in the Atlas Mountains).
(8) Turkey, Caucasus, n. Iraq, w. and n. Iran.
(9) Lebanon and w. Syria.
(10) Sw. Iran (Zagros Mountains).
(11) C. Asia in sc. Russia (Turkestan, e. Kazakhstan, Altai Mountains e. to Transbaikalia) s. to n. Afghanistan, nw. Pakistan, nw. China (Tien Shan, w. Kunlun Shan), and Mongolia.
(12) N. slope of the w. and c. Himalayas from n. Pakistan, n. India (Kashmir) e. to Sikkim.
(13) N. Bhutan, se. Tibet to nw., c. and sc. China (s. Gansu and nw. Sichuan s. to se. and e. Xizang).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: ETI BioInformatics
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.