Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Wrens :: Scaly-breasted Wren
Scaly-breasted Wren Microcerculus marginatus
Described by: Sclater, P. L. (1855)
Alternate common name(s): Southern Nightingale-wren, Scaly Nightingale-wren, Whistler Wren, Whistling Wren, Nightingale Wren, Scaly-breasted Nightingale-wren, Scaling Nightingale-wren
Old scientific name(s): Microcerculus philomela
No photographs are available for this species
RangeS. Central America and nw. South America. W. South America e. of the Andes and c. South America s. of the Amazon;
(1) Sw. and se. Costa Rica to e. Panama and ex. nw. Colombia.
(2) Tropical w. Ecuador s. to Guyas.
(3) N. Colombia (Santa Marta region).
(4) Ne. Colombia and nw. Venezuela.
(5) E. Colombia, sw. Venezuela, e. Ecuador, e. Peru, n. Bolivia and w. Amazonian Brazil.
(6) W. Colombia and nw. Ecuador.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Ministerio do Meio Ambiente
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.