Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Accentors :: Alpine Accentor
Alpine Accentor Prunella collaris
Described by: Scopoli (1769)
Alternate common name(s): Rock Accentor, Collared Accentor
Old scientific name(s): Laiscopus collaris
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeMountain ranges of Europe, n. Africa, and Asia;
(1) S. Europe (Iberian Peninsula, Alps, Appenines), n. Africa (Morocco and n. Algeria) and w. Mediterranean Is.
(2) Se. Europe (Greece, Hungary (Borzsony), Carpathians, and Balkans, ), Crete and w. Turkey.
(3) Ex. s. Russia, Caucasus, n. Iraq and s. Iran.
(4) N. Afghanistan, Tadzhikistan and w. China (w. Sinkiang).
(5) N. Pakistan, nw. India (Kashmir) and w. Himalayas.
(6) E. Himalayas, ne. India (Arunachal Pradesh), se. Tibet and sw. China (e. Sinkiang).
(7) E. Tibet and nw. China.
(8) S. Siberia, Mongolia (Altai), n. China, n. Korea and Japan.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: ETI BioInformatics
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.