Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Accentors :: Brown Accentor
Brown Accentor Prunella fulvescens
Described by: Severtsov (1873)
Alternate common name(s): Pale Accentor
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
(1) Se. Kazakhstan, sw. Siberia, w. China (Tien Shan) e. to e. Xinjiang and ne. Xizang s. to c. Afghanistan (Pamir Mountains) and w. Himalayas of n. Pakistan, nw. India (Kashmir), and Nepal.
(2) E. Kazakhstan (Tarbagatay), sc. Russia (Altai Mountains and Sayan Mountains e. to Transbaikalia), ne. and e. Mongolia, ne. China (nw. Manchuria).
(3) W. and sw. Mongolia (Achit Nur, Gobi-Altai) and n. China (w. Nei Mongol, n. Ningxia).
(4) N. Tibet and w. China (s. Xinjiang and Qaidam Basin s. to Kunlun Mountains).
(5) C. China (ne. Qinghai (Nan Shan) and sw. Gansu s. to s. Sichuan).
(6) S. edge of the Tibetan Plateau in sw. China (s. and se. Xizang e. to Qamdo region and Yunnan), and adjacent n. Nepal and n. Sikkim.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.