Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Thrushes and Allies :: African Thrush
African Thrush Turdus pelios
Described by: Bonaparte (1850)
Alternate common name(s): Cameroon Thrush, Fernando Po Thrush, West African Thrush, Cameroon Mountain Thrush
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeW. to ne. Sub-Saharan Africa;
(1) Senegal e. to w. Ghana.
(2) W. Ghana, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, c. Cameroon, Gabon, and w. Zaire.
(3) Cameroon (Mt. Cameroon).
(4) Fernando Po.
(5) E. Cameroon e. to Sudan, Ethiopia, and w. Eritrea
(6) E. Zaire, s. Central African Republic, s. Ethiopia, Uganda, w. Kenya, and nw. Tanzania.
(7) W. Zaire, nw. and w. Angola.
(8) E. Zaire, s. Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and w. Tanzania.
(9) Se. Zaire, ne. Angola and nw. Zambia.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.