Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Thrushes and Allies :: White-throated Thrush
White-throated Thrush Turdus assimilis
Described by: Cabanis (1850)
Alternate common name(s): White-throated Robin, Dagua Thrush
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeCentral America s. to nw. South America;
(1) Nw. Mexico (se. Sonora, sw. Chihuahua, Sinaloa, w. Durango).
(2) C. and s. Mexico (Nayarit, Jalisco, Michoacan, Mexico).
(3) E. Mexico (sw. Tamaulipas and ne. San Luis Potosi).
(4) C. Mexico (Hidalgo, e. San Luis Potosi, s. Tamaulipas).
(5) Se. Mexico (Oaxaca), w. Guatemala and El Salvador.
(6) S. Mexico along the Caribbean slope to Honduras and Costa Rica.
(7) Sw. El Salvador.
(8) C. Honduras (Lake Yojoa area).
(9) E. Honduras and n. Nicaragua.
(10) Sw. Costa Rica and w. Panama.
(11) C. Panama (Cerro Campana).
(12) Sc. Panama (Azuero Peninsula).
(13) Coiba Is. and associated islets.
(14) E. Panama, w. Colombia and nw. Ecuador.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.