Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Thrushes and Allies :: Orange-billed Nightingale-Thrush
Orange-billed Nightingale-Thrush Catharus aurantiirostris
Described by: Hartlaub (1850)
Alternate common name(s): Orange-billed Nightingale-thrush, Gray-headed Nightingale-thrush, Grey-headed Nightingale-thrush
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeN. Mexico through Central America to n. South America;
(1) Nw. Mexico (n. Sinaloa and nw. Chihuahua).
(2) Nc. Mexico (sw. Chihuahua).
(3) C. Mexico (Durango, Nayarit, Jalisco, Guanajuato, se. San Luis Potosi, and sw. Tamaulipas) to nw. Nicaragua.
(4) El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala.
(5) Costa Rica.
(6) Sw. Costa Rica, w. Panama.
(7) C. Panama.
(8) W. Colombia.
(9) Ne. Colombia and nw. Venezuela.
(10) Ne. Venezuela and Trinidad.
(11) Nw. Venezuela (Perija Mountains).
(12) N. Colombia (Santa Marta Mountains).
(13)) W. slope of the e. Andes in Colombia (Santander).
(14) E. slope of the Andes in Colombia.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Naturesongs.com
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.