Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Thrushes and Allies :: Ruddy-capped Nightingale-Thrush
Ruddy-capped Nightingale-Thrush Catharus frantzii
Described by: Cabanis (1861)
Alternate common name(s): Ruddy-capped Nightingale-thrush, Highland Nightingale-thrush, Frantzius' Nightingale-thrush, Frantzius's Nightingale-thrush
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. to s. Central America;
(1) Sw. Mexico (w. Jalisco to c. Michoacan, c. Mexico and Morelos).
(2) Sc. Mexico (se. San Luis Potosi to ne. Hidalgo, ne. Puebla, sw. Guerrero, n. and se. Oaxaca).
(3) S. Mexico (c. Chiapas) and w. Guatemala.
(4) S. Mexico (se. Chiapas) and s. Guatemala.
(5) N. El Salvador and Honduras.
(6) N. Nicaragua.
(7) Costa Rica
(8) W. Panama (Chiriqui).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.