Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cisticolas and Allies :: Red-faced Cisticola
Red-faced Cisticola Cisticola erythrops
Described by: Hartlaub (1857)
Alternate common name(s): Lepe Cisticola, Angola Red-faced Cisticola, Benguela Cisticola, Angola Cisticola, Angolan Cisticola
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeW. to se. tropical Africa;
(1) S. Mauritania, Senegambia, s. Mali, Guinea, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, s. Cameroon, Gabon, Congo, and Central African Republic.
(2) Ne. Zaire and ex. se. Sudan, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, s. Zaire, Somalia, w. and c. Kenya, and c. Tanzania.
(3) Ex. se. Zaire and s. Tanzania s. in Malawi, Zambia, and Zimbabwe to ex. ne. Namibia (Caprivi Strip), n. Botswana, s. Mozambique, and e. South Africa (Natal, n. and e. Transvaal, Swaziland and e. Cape Province).
(4) W. Angola on the c. plateau and sc. Zaire.
(5) Se. Sudan, w. and c. Ethiopia. Eritrea.
(6) Sw. Sudan (upper Blue Nile).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.