Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cisticolas and Allies :: Rock-Loving Cisticola
Rock-Loving Cisticola Cisticola aberrans
Described by: Smith, A. (1843)
Alternate common name(s): Rock-loving Cisticola, Lazy Cisticola
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Highly fragmented distribution;
(1) S. Mauritania, Guinea to Sierra Leone, sw. Mali, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, s. Niger, Ghana, Togo, and Benin.
(2) N. and e. Nigeria to Cameroon, ne. Chad, Central African Republic, ne. Zaire, sw. Sudan and w. Uganda, Rwanda.
(3) C. Angola.
(4) Se. Kenya and ne. Tanzania.
(5) Sw. Tanzania to ne. Zambia, w. Malawi, Zimbabwe and n. Mozambique.
(6) Malawi e. of the Rift Valley and adjacent nw. Mozambique.
(7) E. Botswana and e. South Africa (Transvaal, w. Swaziland, Natal).
(8) Lowlands of s. Mozambique and e. South Africa (s. Natal, Transvaal, e. Cape Province).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.