Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cisticolas and Allies :: Stout Cisticola
Stout Cisticola Cisticola robustus
Described by: Rüppell (1845)
Alternate common name(s): Angola Cisticola, Awemba Cisticola
Old scientific name(s): Cisticola robusta
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeCw., e. and sc. Africa;
Highly fragmented distribution;
(1) Highlands of e. Nigeria and w. Cameroon.
(2) C. Eritrea and adjacent n. Ethiopia (Adigrat).
(3) N. Ethiopia (plateau and Harrar).
(4) Sw. Ethiopia (plateau).
(5) Ne. Zaire, ex. se. Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya and ex. ne. Tanzania.
(6) S. Zaire (w. Shaba) to nw. Zambia and Angola.
(7) Se. Zaire (s. Shaba) to ex. sw. Tanzania and ne. Zambia
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.