Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cisticolas and Allies :: Croaking Cisticola
Croaking Cisticola Cisticola natalensis
Described by: Smith, A. (1843)
Alternate common name(s): Striped Cisticola
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
RangeW. through c. to e. and s. Africa;
(1) S. Mauritania, Senegambia, s. Mali, Guinea-Bissau, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, Cameroon, Gabon, Congo, w. and c. Zaire, Central African Republic, s. Chad, sw. Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, sc. Kenya, and n. Tanzania.
(2) Highlands of e. Ethiopia and Eritrea.
(3) S. Ethiopia, s. Somalia, and n. Kenya.
(4) S. Sudan.
(5) Ne. Angola, s. Zaire, Zambia, sw. Tanzania, and n. Malawi.
(6) W. and c. Angola.
(7) Sc. Tanzania, e. Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and e. South Africa (e. Cape Province).
(8) Sw. Zambia, ne. Botswana, and ex. w. Zimbabwe.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.