Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Old World Warblers :: African Bush-Warbler
African Bush-Warbler Bradypterus baboecala
Described by: Vieillot (1817)
Alternate common name(s): African Bush-warbler, Little Rush-warbler, African Sedge-warbler, South African Bush-warbler
Old scientific name(s): Bradypterus baboecalus
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeC. and s. Sub-Saharan Africa;
(1) S. Nigeria, s. Cameroon to ne. Zaire, sw. Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi.
(2) Lake Chad.
(3) Se. Sudan.
(4) W. and c. Ethiopia.
(5) Highlands of e. Uganda, w. and c. Kenya.
(6) Se. Kenya, e. Tanzania, e. and s. Zambia, Malawi, e. Zimbabwe, nw., c. and s. Mozambique s. to ne. South Africa (e. Northern Province, lowlands of KwaZulu-Natal) and e. Swaziland.
(7) Se. Angola, se. Zaire, n. and w. Zambia to border with se. Tanzania, ex. n. Namibia (Caprivi stripe), nw. Botswana.
(8) Sw. Angola (Angolan Pleateau).
(9) C. plateau of Zimbabwe, n. and e. South Africa in the highveld of Northern Province, w. KwaZulu-Natal, Orange Free State, e. Griqualand, w. Swaziland, and lowlands of Lesotho.
(10) S. South Africa (w. and e. Cape Province).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.