Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Old World Warblers :: Clamorous Reed-Warbler
Clamorous Reed-Warbler Acrocephalus stentoreus
Described by: Hemprich; Ehrenberg (1833)
Alternate common name(s): Clamorous Reed-warbler, Heinroth's Reed-warbler, Southern Great Reed-warbler
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeNe. Africa through the Middle East to the Greater Sundas, New Guinea and Solomon Is.
(1) N. and c. Egypt, Sinai, ex. s. Israel (Hula Valley, Hula Nature Reserve), Levant and Jordan (Yarmuk River).
(2) Coastal Sudan, Eritrea, Somalia, Arabia, e. and s. Iran to the s. shore of the Aral Sea se. to Transcaspia, Turkestan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and nw. India.
Winters to India (Rajasthan, Kerala, and West Bengal).
(3) Ne. India (Assam on the plains of the Brahmaputra River), s. China, c. and e. Burma, and Thailand.
(4) Sri Lanka.
(5) Philippines (Luzon, Mindoro, Leyte, Bohol and Mindanao).
(6) S. Sulawesi.
(7) W. Java.
(8) Se. Borneo, Java and the w. Lesser Sundas (Lombok, Sumbawa, and Sumba).
(9) S. Moluccas (Buru Is.) and e. Lesser Sundas (Sumba and Timor). (1) New Guinea, Bismarck Archipelago and Solomon Is.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.