Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Gnatcatchers :: Collared Gnatwren
Collared Gnatwren Microbates collaris
Described by: Pelzeln (1868)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
No photographs are available for this species
RangeAmazon basin n. of the Amazon;
(1) E. Venezuela (c. Bolivar, ex. s. Monagas, and s. Delta Amacuro), and Guyana.
(2) Se. Colombia (E. Vaupes), s. Venezuela (s. Bolivar), and n. Brazil (s. to ec. Amazonas and n. Roraima).
(3) Surinam, Guiana s. to ne. Brazil (c. Amapa).
(4) Ex. se. Colombia (s. Amazonas), nw. Brazil (n. bank of the Rio Solimoes in w. Amazonas), and ne. Peru.
(5) E. of the Andes in s. Colombia (w. Putumayo, w. Caqueta) s. to Ecuador (upper Putumayo drainage).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.